Articles for sellers and helpful information about selling real estate on the Outer Banks (OBX) of NC
The majority of the properties currently for sale are priced too high for today's market and have no chance of selling. Not aware of market trends, many sellers list their homes for sale hoping for the best.
Forget about finding a buyer who is willing to pay your price, the concern now is pricing the property so it will appraise. Without an appraisal nothing will sell. Appraisers are having a hard time making the numbers work with the strict guidelines they now have to work with.
When it comes to real estate information for sellers a lot of promises and misleading information can be found everywhere on the internet and sometimes even just by answering your phone during dinner. There are plenty of agents who are willing to list your property at an unrealistic price with the hopes of finding a buyer from a phone call from the sign on your property. Meanwhile your house sits there and eventually it starts to look as if there is something wrong with it.
There are a lot of ways to get basic real estate information such as sales comps. This is the information that tells you what your neighbors are asking for their houses and what they have sold for. This is useful information if you know how to interpret the comps. Few people know how to apply the absorption rate to these sales comps and most agents have never even heard of the absorption rate.
Here is what you get from us:
- Your property will have it's own page on our network of real estate sites.
- You get all your calls and e-mails returned promptly.
- You will be provided with a complete Competitive Market Analysis. Just sign up here for Your Home's Value
- You will get a Virtual Tour of your house or condo.
- You can have a web site just for your property.
- You will understand all of the expenses involved in selling.
- Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- We provide all of the documents for other agents who show your property and make it available to them at a moment’s notice via fax or e-mail.
- Your property will be equipped with a secure electronic lockbox and numerical code and place a “for sale” sign visible from the road in accordance with your specific neighborhood rules.
- You will stay informed of activity on your property and any changes in the market that might influence the sales price.
- You will be notified of all serious buyer inquiries about your property.
- You will be protected in all negotiations with buyers and their agents so you can get the best price and terms possible.
- We handle all of the closing procedures for you. All you will have to do is sign your name.
- We stay on top of the closing process and make sure that any problems are taken care of.
- Our experience will allow you the comfort of worry-free selling from your home.
- Working With Real Estate Agents explains agency and is required reading by the state of North Carolina.
- Advertising That Works.
- As Is is not the way to sell a house.
- Real Estate Values, are they what everyone has been telling you?
- Virtual Tours for your house?
- Sign up here for Your Home's Value
- Out of State Sellers do not need to worry.
- Why Worry ....protect your rental income
- How Much Commission ....Commission rate structure
- Home Inspections ....should you get one?
- Sneaky Agents ....learn to protect yourself
- Home Warranty ....while your property is for sale.
- Do Not Call
- Open Houses
- Buyer Agency And You The Seller
- Reverse Offer
- Forms used to Sell Real Estate on the OBX
- Outer Banks Vendors and Service People