If you know the absorption rate for your property then you will have a good idea of how long it will take to sell your property. There are only so many buyers at any given time for any product. If you look back at the history of the real estate market and see that for the past 2 years, 100 homes were sold every month in your neighborhood, it would be safe to say 100 homes will sell next month. There are always variables and outside influences but the trends exist. With a strong history of 100 units per month sales you can extrapolate and say that 1200 homes will sell in your neighborhood in the next year, 100 x 12 months. If there are currently 1800 homes for sale then it will take 1.5 years to sell off the inventory.
If you have a time frame then looking at the absorption rate will help you determine the best strategy to accomplish your goals. If there is 1.5 years worth of inventory for sale and you need to sell in the next 6 months then you need to be priced to compete with the bottom 33% lowest priced properties.
The above numbers are fantasy. If you would like to know what the absorption rate is for your OBX neighborhood call us at 1-800-647-1868.
*Please note--If your property is located anywhere outside the Outer Banks of northeastern NC, you will need to contact a real estate agent in your specific area. We can not help you there.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles