Agents Buying Listings
In an attempt to generate business, some agents buy listings. This doesn't mean agents want to actually buy your property! They just want the listing.
Here's how it works: In an effort to talk you into a listing agreement, they will promise you an unrealistically high price. If you like what you hear (who wouldn't?) and sign the listing agreement...that agent just bought your listing! They know it won't sell, but they're not concerned with selling your property because they just want their sign in your yard.
Having many visible real estate signs generates calls from buyers inquiring about properties. When a potential buyer calls from the sign to ask the price of your property and it's priced too high, they'll move on to another property with the help of your agent. Mission accomplished--that agent generated business at your expense.
Always make prospective listing agents prove the price they suggest. No property will sell for more than market value, so ask the agent to show you the properties similar to yours that have recently sold. This is where the market value is. For more, see What's Your Property Worth?
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles