WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU THE SELLER
More than 90% of all Outer Banks real estate sales in our MLS are co-brokered with another agent in another company. The other agent could be a buyer's agent, working for the buyer, or they could be a sub-agent of the seller, even though they work with some other firm. This is going to sound crazy, but when the other agent is working for another company you, the seller, really want that agent to be a buyer's agent.
If the agent is a sub-agent of you working with the buyer and they somehow gave the buyer some wrong information either unknowingly or knowingly, or made some mistake, then the YOU as the seller could be held liable for what this agent says. The agent working as a subagent was employed by you so you could be responsible for their actions, even though the sub-agent works with another firm.
If the other agent is working as a buyer's agent for the buyer then they are not working for you and their mistakes are not passed on to you.
NOT with Shore Realty! We will only cooperate (MLS terminology for split a commission) with agents who are using buyer agency to represent the buyers. This forces the other agents to work as buyer's agents and not for you or us.
You the seller are now protected. We will only share the commission with agents who are working as buyer agents.
This simple strategy puts up a shield between the buyer and you. If the buyer's agent makes a mistake then the buyers go after their agent because of the buyer agency and not you the seller. Buyers these days do not have any problems working with buyer agents. In fact most of the buyers want to have a buyer's agent working for them.
If the other agent wants to get paid by us for bringing you a buyer, then they had better be a buyer's agent on this listing. We make sure the liability falls in the right place.This is our way of making sure that there is not a "crack" for you to "fall through!"
This will not cost you anything and it will in no way affect the sale of your property. We have been doing this for years and it in no way affects sales.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles