Chasing the Market
The human in you is going to want to set the list price as high as possible in the hopes of getting more money out of the deal. In the current market this usually backfires because you end up chasing the market down.
Here’s what I mean: if the Fair Market Value (FMV) of your OBX property is $100,000 and you list it for sale at $115,000, your property will languish on the market. Six months later you finally reduce the price to $100,000. Unfortunately, values have fallen during this time and now the FMV of your property has gone down to $90,000. Six months later you reduce the price to $90,000 but, again the value has fallen to $80,000.
Eventually you reduce the price again, and once again you are still too high for the market until you either give up or sell the property for less than you could have sold it for 6 months earlier.
The only thing we know for sure in this market is your property is worth more now than it will be worth a year from now. Price it right the first time and you will save money in the long term.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles