LEAVE YOUR EMOTIONS HOME
This is the hard part, and it may sound cold. Don't let the emotional ties to the memories you and your family made in your beach house get in the way of making a rational business decision. Right now your main concern is getting the most money possible out of your house. The memories will stay with you, this property won't.
If a low offer comes in don't get insulted! We are just doing our job, the buyer's agent is doing theirs and the buyer is trying to get the best deal possible. A low offer is not a slap in the face. The buyer does not know you and will most likely never meet you. They are just trying to do their best not to lose money. I am not saying they are not acting stupid, they are, and they are probably hurting their position, but they are not trying to insult you.
Same thing if they come back asking for crazy repairs. Their friend/uncle/reality show host told them this is how you get things done. They are not being insulting, just stupid and someone being stupid is not an insult. They can't help it.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles