Lock Boxes might seem like a non-issue to talk about but they play an important roll in the home sales process. Shore Realty uses 2 types of lock boxes, combination and electronic. The electronic lock boxes automatically record what showing agent unlocked the door and the date/time of showing. We then access this information online, where the information is stored, assuring we know exactly who was in the property and when they were there.
Agents typically call ahead of time to set up a showing appointment but sometimes they end up at a vacant house while working on the fly with a buyer who decided to expand their original search. We don't encourage this but we also want to make it convenient for these buyers and their agents while also keeping track of activity.
The combo lock box is added as a back up just in case an agent from out of the area, who does not have access to the electronic codes, wants to show the property. Plus, all electronic devices have their moments and if it or the agents ability is acting up, they can still access the house with a simple phone call for the combination.
The door to your property will not be beat up with a lockbox banging the door jamb every time the door is opened and closed. Most agents will simply slip the lock box over the front door knob which ends up damaging the door jamb and the plastic weather stripping. We mount our lock boxes away from the door, yet still convenient to the agents for showings.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles