Outer Banks Fair Market Values
If you are thinking about selling, you are going to want to know the fair market value of your property. The fair market value of a property is a combination of what a ready, willing and able buyer is willing to pay and what their lender's appraiser will let the bank lend on the property.
In a seller's market, buyers will routinely spend more on a property than any tax man, appraiser or even the sellers themselves think the property is worth. Likewise, in a buyer's market, where there are more sellers than buyers, the opinion of the tax man, appraiser and seller do not matter if the buyers think differently.
Unfortunately, we are far from being in a seller's market. The only true way to try to put a value on a piece of real estate is to look at the properties that have sold recently, just like the appraisers and buyers are currently doing.
While you are on this site you can search for all of the Outer Banks real estate for sale. This is a good start when trying to figure out how much your property is worth. But to get a really good grasp of the situation you need to look at what has sold and what is currently under contract.
This is where we come in. We have access to all the statistics that you need. Drop us a line and we can email or snail mail you the statistics for your neighborhood. Or you can have the recently sold properties automatically emailed to you or you can to search the sold archives to see what homes have been selling for.
Choosing an Agent
- Print Advertising - Your property will receive unprecedented continuous exposure every month it is listed for sale. Your ad will appear every month in the Homes and Land magazine, instead of the typical ad rotation.
- Virtual Floor Plan - Each residence is measured room by room for a concise virtual floor plan with lots of inter grated pictures of the property for a true Virtual Tour and not just a slide show of pictures.
- Maximum Internet Exposure - Your property will be exposed to millions of people on 30 national real estate websites and with 8 news organizations including ABC, FOX, New York Post, Washington Post, New York Times and Cox Media.
- Professional Photography - Don't let your house languish on the market because of poor quality pictures. Too many listing agents treat photos like it was still the last century. Pictures sell real estate!
- Enhanced Listings - We go the extra mile and pay to have your listing Enhanced on Realtor.com
- Property Website - your own website.
- Lock Boxes - Electronic lock boxes provide 21st century access.
- MLS - Your property information will be entered into the Multiple Listing Service, including color photographs of the interior and exterior of the house, if applicable.
- Open Houses - If the first Open House has a good turn out we will follow up with more.
- Reverse Offer - Backwards real estate.
- As Is - Is this the best way to get what you want?
Not Ready Just Yet? Home Selling Articles